What is John the Ripper?
John the Ripper is a fastest and Best Password Cracking software. It is compatible with many flavours of Unix, Windows, DOS, BeOS, and OpenVMS.
Its primary purpose is to detect weak Unix passwords. Besides several crypt(3) password hash types most commonly found on various Unix systems, supported out of the box are Windows LM hashes, plus many more with contributed patches
Info about John The Ripper:
- It is command Line Password Cracker(Don’t worry , i will guide how to use John the Ripper?).
- John The Ripper is available for free
- JohnTheRipper is pre Installed in Backtrack Linux
- You can download it for other Linux Versions or any other operating system(Eg:windows xp).
- Supports Both Brute Force and Dictionary Attack Methods
- Fast and Best password Cracker.
Download John The Ripper From Here:
More Articles About John The Ripper:
How to Install John The Ripper on Linux and Windows?