Back Track 4-The OS known for Hacking/Penetration Testing.
|Back Track 4 – Ethical Hacking Tutorials(BTS)|
BackTrack is Linux Based Penetration Testing Operating system which help the security professionals to test the security of the system. The Special thing the about this OS is that no need to install. You can run the Backtrack directly from CD,Flash/Pen Drive.(you can install the backtrack as main operating system also).
BackTrack4 is developed from the earlier linux distribution namely Whoppix, IWHAX, and Auditor.
BackTrack is funded by offensive Security.
New Features in BackTrack 4 r2
* Kernel 188.8.131.52 – *Much* improved mac80211 stack.
* USB 3.0 support.
* New wireless cards supported.
* All wireless Injection patches applied, maximum support for wireless attacks.
* Even *faster* desktop environment.
* Revamped Fluxbox environment for the KDE challenged.
* Metasploit rebuilt from scratch, MySQL db_drivers working out of the box.
* Updated old packages, added new ones, and removed obsolete ones.
* New BackTrack Wiki with better documentation and support.
* Our most professional, tested and streamlined release ever.
If you have any queries ,this link will clarify you :
You can install the backtrack in all possible ways. i mean you can install along with windows,inside windows, inside linux, in external hard drive,pen drive, in hard drive, in virtual box(there are more options)
Lines From Backtrack4-Linux.org:
More details and tutorials coming soon..!!!